Let’s be real, nutrition is one of the most difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members undergo, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and fads are regularly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unwise. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the right way to perform properly. Limiting essential nutrients is detrimental to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research found that only 1% of people who diet by themselves actually lose their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important pillar of our program. Since beginning our 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same formula when it comes to nutrition—keeping it easy! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in how you eat.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” put into our food have substantially changed over the years. We teach our members about making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to be successful.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program unique?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to indulge every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society making obesity an epidemic. Our members learn that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that manner. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t focus on calories because a lot of foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a greater fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more significant than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific approach to set your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you know how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, keeping your body in “burn mode” rather than “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to eat good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get elsewhere.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food goes into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is taken in, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members have smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to top off the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you give your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our overall health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps alleviate muscle soreness. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water every day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help give you the feeling of being full faster, allowing you to keep portions under control.
So, you could spend lots of money on fad diets, special meals that keep track of points, counting calories or removing every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the cost of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and find out how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat normal, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and gain confidence and energy.
Find a location to find out more about our comprehensive program and to sign up! You won’t believe how much you can transform in as little as 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread every day with the Farrell's program too!